Jul 17, 2024  
Catalog 2022-2023 
Catalog 2022-2023 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Graduation and College Transfer



As a student, you are responsible for fulfilling the requirements for graduation. You should work with your advisor to ensure you complete these requirements.

As a candidate for graduation, fill out an Application for a Certificate or Degree form. Return the form to Graduation Services by the fourth week of the academic term before the term in which you will complete the program requirements. Dates for when applications for graduation are due are listed in the calendar published each term in the Schedule of Classes.

Degrees and certificates become official when graduation information is recorded on your transcript.

If you plan to complete the requirements for your degree summer term, you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony held the preceding June.

If your course of study extends beyond five years or is interrupted by two years or more, graduation requirements may have changed. In order to meet the new graduation requirements, you should meet with an academic or program advisor.

Chemeketa awards adult high school diplomas through its High School Completion program. The Oregon Department of Education issues General Educational Development (GED) certificates. For details on the High School Completion and GED programs, see Workforce Training and Pre-College Programs .

College Transfer

General information

Chemeketa offers the Oregon Transfer (OT) Module and the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AAOT) degree, as well as individual transfer courses for students who wish to begin their bachelor’s degree at the community college. You can complete most of the general education requirements for a bachelor’s degree and begin work on the requirements for a specific major while studying at Chemeketa.

If you plan to transfer credits toward a bachelor’s degree, follow these steps:

  • Contact the four-year university you plan to attend to check entrance requirements and the suggested freshman and sophomore classes required in your chosen field.
  • Confer with a Chemeketa counselor or an academic advisor before you register.
  • Check with the college or university a term or two before completing your work at Chemeketa to make sure you are meeting all requirements.
  • Apply for admission as a college transfer student and transfer your credits to the four-year institution.

Chemeketa offers the Associate of Science/Oregon Transfer degree in Business and Computer Science for students who wish to transfer to one of those programs at any of Oregon’s public universities.

Curriculum Requirements


Academic advising has advising guides specific to Oregon’s four-year public universities. These institutions include Eastern Oregon University, Oregon Institute of Technology, Oregon State University, Portland State University, Southern Oregon University, University of Oregon and Western Oregon University. Additionally, the center has advising guides for programs offered at George Fox University, Linfield College, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Pacific University, Corban University, University of Western States, Willamette University, and the University of Portland.